Monday, March 26, 2012

Engagement Pictures Part One

I have been a terrible blogger, but I have lots of projects up and running and I am so excited to share them with you!

The first one is a three part series on my engagement pictures, my wedding website, save the dates, and a few tips to keep in mind when you take your engagement pictures (because you know I couldn't leave you without a list!). It will take the place of the regularly scheduled posts that I would normally do, so please forgive the interruption!

I am so excited about my beautiful engagement pictures taken by my oh-so-talented best friend Chelsea of Chelsea Patricia Photography. I knew from the day Benjamin and I got engaged that I wanted to take a particular picture for our save the dates, so we modeled our engagement shoot around that- Auburn colors and pictures revolving around Auburn history and football. So my mom, Aunt Donna, and I picked out a series of cute orange and blue sundresses/warm weather outfits and were all prepared to have a sunny picnic on Samford lawn. But the weather decided that we would not be wearing cute little sundresses. The day of our engagement pictures just so happened to be what I'm pretty sure was the coldest and windiest day of the whole winter season. Chelsea's poor husband Brock (her second shooter and lighting assistant) froze his poor hands to the point he thought he had frostbite! We were definitely freezing, but fortunately our photographer is a pro and I am used to having to pretend to be comfortable when I'm not (I'm an actor, remember!) so you can't tell that our teeth were chattering between takes!

But back to the point. We met up at a coffee shot and decided that we would go to Toomer's Drugstore for a few pictures and to pick up some lemonade and sandwiches for our picnic (which we decided to still have). On our way to the drugstore we happened upon this adorable courtyard with cherry blossom trees. We stopped and took a few pictures, and I think you will agree that the color of the trees and the sky in the background is so beautiful that it looks fake-but it wasn't!

We continued on and took some super cute pictures in front of a War Eagle wall and at Toomer's Drugs.
Then we headed to Samford lawn for our picnic.


After we had our picnic we decided to change into some warmer clothes. I knew that I wanted some pictures with the Civil War cannon lathe because of its significance in Auburn history. Legend says that if you kiss your date on your first date at the stroke of midnight and it moves, you will know that they are you true love. I took Ben on a walking tour of campus on our first date and told him the history of this piece, so it is very special in OUR history too! (Obviously it didn't move because it cant, but I can pretend it did!)

After we had finished freezing our butts off and chasing wayward photography equipment, we took a few more pictures on Samford lawn in different outfits. These are some of my favorites that we took the entire day! (Can you tell we were FREEZING??)

After we finished that, we piled back in the car and headed to the theatre. This has special significance for me, and I am so thrilled with how they turned out!
So there you have it-my engagement pictures! Please go check out www.chelseapatricia.com and see some more of her amazing work!

No comments:

Post a Comment