Sunday, January 8, 2012

Courtney + Ben

I never would have thought this day would come! After six weddings (and counting-I'm honored to be a bridesmaid for a friend in May), I thought I was destined to be a maid forever! But after a year and almost four months, the man of my dreams asked  me to marry him. So who are we? Well "we" are Courtney + Ben. We are crazy and fun, but mostly just crazy in love.

This is me. Love me some Auburn Football
I am Courtney, the creator of this blog and forever bridesmaid. I am currently in my last semester at Auburn University (War Eagle!) and will graduate with a degree in theatre in May. I want to be a middle school theatre teacher (and no, I'm not brave. Like I said before, I'm crazy!) hopefully somewhere close to my hometown. I love cooking, scrapbooking, watching tv and movies, InStyle Magazine, Auburn Football, and I am currently obsessed with baking cupcakes.


This is Ben. He's pretty hot.
Ben is currently employed at Campbell Hardware and Sporting Goods in Robertsdale, where he is the archery shop manager. He loves his job (!!) but is also pursuing a career in professional archery. To date, he has shot his way through the amateur divisions, and will be required to shoot the semi-pro class for the 2012 season. Ben is also very interested in gun collecting, carpentry, good beer, good food, Auburn Football, and me (and I get to say that because I'm the one writing this !!).

Ben and I met at the beach on August 8, 2010 at a friend-of-a-friend's house. After much ignoring (on my part) and shameless flirting (on his), we actually started talking. It wasn't long before we both realized, hey, he/she is actually pretty cool. I eventually went back home but we kept talking, for hours every day. Ben decided to visit me in Auburn, and as they say, the rest is history. We dated long distance and fell in love during the 2010 National Championship football season, in which we attended almost every game.

Through everything that has happened over the past year, Ben has been there to listen and encourage. I love that man so much, and I can't wait to spend the rest of forever with him!

Stay tuned for the proposal story!

No comments:

Post a Comment