Monday, January 23, 2012

The Stomach Demon and SuperMan

So I know the last time I posted I promised you a little post on wedding history. Please forgive me as I push that subject off to next Monday in order to write about something very important. I am convinced that a demon temporarily took up shop in my stomach last week. Seriously y'all, thats the only thing that could explain what I went through. After a wonderful weekend with my fiancé, I became very sick in the middle of the night. I attempted to expel that demon from about midnight Monday to about 5:30 am Tuesday. I had my wonderful, amazing, loving, giving, affectionate fiancé miss work so he could drag my sick butt to PriMed, and I am so glad I did. Demon-side-effects aside, he made me feel so much better! He held my hand and stroked and kissed my hair (which was unwashed and looking a hot mess) the whole time I was getting poked and prodded and tested and, eventually, let me know it was ok when the nurse forced a needle into a vein that did not want it there in order to give my poor demon-ridden body some nourishment. He seriously is my SuperMan!

I'm not talking about Superman, the cape and tight wearing man who flies around and attacks bad guys. I'm talking about my Super MAN. The kind of man who isn't afraid of showing his feelings and emotions. The kind of man who isn't afraid to tell you how he feels. The kind of man who tells me he loves me more than he tells me anything else. Seriously y'all. He's that awesome. And no, he isn't weak. He is the strongest man I know. He makes building things look like playing with Barbie dolls. He makes doing math (and making a budget!) look like playing dress up. He makes fixing broken things look like putting on fun lipstick. Not that he looks girly when he does it, just that it looks easy and fun. And like I want to play too. Then I play and I decide I'll let him do it because it makes me mad and I don't have the patience for it. Oh, and he always finds the stuff that I lose, too! But I digress!

Ben seriously is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He makes me happy in a way that no one else can. He seriously is my soul mate. He is my perfect match in every way, and I still can't believe he loves me and choses to be with me! I am so looking forward to the rest of our lives-together. Its gonna be awesome :)

Stay tuned this week for a report on our experience in Atlanta at the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover Event, and as I show you some things on Pinterest that just really freakin' excite me.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, I loved this and sorry you were sick! But frankly...you know if they've seen you at your worst and can take that...they're keepers! :)

    ReplyDelete